Meet our friend Jeremy. Not only does he have an impressive car collection and a cool dog named Mack, but he gets to design awesome products for Electra all day long. Can you say dream job? [Editor's note: Shortly after taking pictures for this post, he chopped those beautiful locks off.]
13 Questions for Jeremy Westerlund
- What is your name and title? Jeremy Westerlund, Industrial Designer
- Where is your hometown? San Diego! But I’ve lived a lot of other places and keep coming back.
- How long have you worked at Electra? 2 years
- What was your first paying job? Dragging old smashed up fenders to the scrap pile and sweeping the floors at my uncle’s auto body shop. I was 14.
- What are 3 words that describe Electra to you? Expressive, Quality and Cool.
- If you were an Electra bike, which one would you be? Fast 5. I have one.
- What is the best part about your job? I get to design bikes!…..In San Diego! And I love bikes! And San Diego!
- At Electra, everyone listens to music when they're working. What are your favorite jams? Depends on the day. It could be anything from old country like Johnny Cash or Hank Williams to Hip Hop, Trance/EDM, Classical, Classic Rock and everything in-between. I’m weird like that.
- When you're not at work, what are you most likely doing? Mountain Biking or wrenching on one of my old trucks. Or building something.
- What will bicycles look like in 100 years? Probably not that much different. Look at bikes a hundred years ago. Pretty similar to today really just more of them with motors. Besides, design trends always go in circles. In a hundred years we’ll want to look back at a hundred years ago for inspiration. Performance bikes will look like space ships though.
- Fallon, Conan, Kimmel, or Colbert? Fallon
- What three items would you want to have if you were stranded on a deserted island? My mountain bike, some sun screen and a helmet. Hey, skin cancer and helmet safety are really important!! I mean we all saw what Tom Hanks looked like after what the sun did to him in Castaway, am I right?… I’d be pretty bummed though if it was just a flat sandy island and I showed up with that stuff. At least I could still use the sunscreen.
- Who let the dogs out? Ur mom…