At Electra, we have a team of hard-working, talented individuals who make this place a great place to work. Just like every family, each of us are far from perfect but pretty close to awesome. Meet the faces behind the bikes and brand starting with Kevin Cox, the president of Electra.
13 Questions for Kevin Cox
- What is your name and title? Kevin Cox, but most people just call me KC…and I’m the President of Electra.
- Where is your hometown? Ukiah, California…a little town in Mendocino County, north of San Francisco by about 2 hours. Right in the heart of the redwoods...
- How long have you worked at Electra? 4 awesome years.
- What was your first paying job? I worked at Lake Sherwood in Thousand Oaks, CA when I was 15, driving the patrol boat, as well as helping people with boat rentals, etc. It was like an outdoor customer service job - helping people to have a great time…
- What are 3 words that describe Electra to you? Fun, funner, funnest… (my english teacher mom would kill me for this one…!!)
- If you were an Electra bike, which one would you be? I would say that I used to be the Ticino because I lived in Europe and worked in the fashion biz…and the Ticino is all about European style & flare. Now, I’m living at the beach so I’m more of a Relic…not by age, by style…! This Cruiser is modern, but old school. Slap on your surf rack and you’re ready for a lunchtime surf session or a stylish ride to the cafe.
- What is the best part about your job? It’s awesome to be running a company that you 100% believe in and are 100% in sync with - the culture, the vibe, the people and, of course, the great products.
- What is your favorite craft beer? I like 805…OK, maybe it’s not exactly “craft”, but it’s brand ethos is closely matched to ours at Electra - it’s about doing what you want, not what you’re told…oh, and I like the taste too…!
- Fallon, Conan, Kimmel, or Colbert? All these guys are super talented, but to be honest, recently I’m more a fan of Carpool Karaoke with James Corden…!
- What will bikes look like in 100 years? Well…at Electra we’re already working on some skunkworks projects with Photonic Laser Thrust engines, so we’ll be ready to help our customers get out, enjoy and explore where ever they decide to journey. ;-)
- What is the coolest country that you have been to? I’ve lived in many countries around the world and all of them are “cool” in their own way. Having said that, my time living in Trinidad, in the West Indies, was unlike any of the others. Its unique blend of culture, local dialect, tradition, and food make it something quite special. Not to mention great people, beautiful beaches and untamed jungles. It’s a must see - go for carnival…!
- What is one unwritten rule of biking? Don’t start with a destination in mind...just go ride...
- Who would win in a fight between a bear and a gorilla? …wait…are they on cruisers or Townies…?